Here are 10 hard questions that are on my mind this morning, and perhaps yours as well. I do not intend to offer answers, but merely to pose questions for our own reflections:
1) In the church, are we more concerned about the church being aligned with the “left” or the “right” than the Kingdom of God?
2) Do we minimize the impact the small congregation church can have in reaching a changing culture?
3) Are we more interested in being popular than being a servant?
4) Would we get angry if someone told us we were wrong about something?
5) As John Wesley would ask, “How is it with your soul?”
6) Are you defined by missional expectations or church maintenance expectations?
7) Would someone know you are a Christian by the way you live your life?
8) When was the last time you said, “I’m sorry,” and truly meant it?
9) When was the last time you took a day off and relaxed?
10) Are you content with your life?